Niklas Myhr, PhD, CSP, known as The Social Media Professor, is an international TEDx and keynote speaker who teaches Social Media, Digital & Global Marketing at Chapman University.* Dr. Myhr is Google’s #1-ranked “Social Media Professor” and is currently serving on the Monaco Digital Advisory Council chaired by HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco. Niklas Myhr is also the author of the upcoming book "The Social Customer Journey."
Dr. Myhr is a CSP® (Certified Speaking Professional™). CSP is the highest designation of the National Speakers Association. As a speaker, Niklas Myhr offers customized keynote presentations, talks, workshops, seminars, masterclasses, and executive education programs at conferences, businesses, public sector organizations, and universities. Dr. Myhr has spoken in Europe, in the United States, and in Asia.
Dr. Myhr holds a PhD from the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and has also taught at American University and at Tulane University. Dr. Myhr's expertise on social media & digital marketing has been featured in publications such as BBC, The Washington Post, Marketplace Morning Report, InformationWeek, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX News, USA Today, Huffington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, ESPN, and on national Swedish television.
Dr. Myhr is an awardee of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences for his research on partnerships in global supply chains and has also received a Most Outstanding Paper Award by Supply Chain Management: an International Journal, and a Bloomberg Business Week Award for Teaching Innovation.
Niklas Myhr also holds an MS degree in Industrial Engineering and Management from Linköping University in Sweden. Dr. Myhr is an American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow and has served as an Executive Director on the Board of the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in Washington DC.
Looking for a speaker? Please send an email inquiry to niklas [at] thesocialmediaprofessor.com
* Information published on this website does not represent the official viewpoint of Chapman University where I am proud to serve as a faculty member but solely represents the personal perspectives of Niklas Myhr, Ph.D., aka The Social Media Professor.
Note: On this site I provide links to some of my top recommended resources and tools that I think you could find valuable. Some of the links are affiliate links but please note that my recommendations are based either on my personal experiences or on the strong endorsements by people I trust.
- With HSH Prince Albert II and the Monaco Digital Advisory Council
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Media by Mitch Jackson, a book review
- 6 Ways Professional Speakers Can Help Meeting Professionals
- Keynote Speaker at Public Sector Digital Transformation Conference
- Swedish Tech Musketeer to Build Mega Battery Factory
- Navy SEAL Agility in the age of Spaghetti Customer Journeys
- TV Interview on Working from Home in the Digital Age
- The 7 Ps of Live Streaming Success